A series of 12 small scale sculptures by Allen M. Sovelove. Shown in The Minipolitan Museum of Art at 1/12 scale. April 2022.
Miniature landscape and abstract paintings and sculptures by Allen M. Sovelove. Shown in The Minipolitan Museum of Art at 1/12 scale. December 2021.
P.O.P. – Paintings on Paper
Series of 20 abstract acrylic paintings on watercolor paper. July 2021.
I love to paint. In fact, I am a bit obsessive about it. I paint constantly and usually have several paintings in progress at any given time. When I’m not painting, I’m probably doodling, and some doodles end up as full-scale paintings. Each painting is a unique expression of a thought or feeling. While I may work in one style or another, I feel that all the paintings go together like a patchwork quilt. I try to express a spirituality in my paintings while exploring the beauty in everyday scenes or the simple elegance of lines and color. The titles of my works are an important part and give the viewer a way into the piece, a clue, a hint at its meaning, and something to think about while viewing.
Allen Sovelove is a painter living in Rockaway, NJ. Growing up, Allen was always painting and drawing. He attended East Carolina University and graduated with a BFA in painting. While at ECU, he also drew cartoons for the school newspaper and deejayed at the school radio station. Allen also studied painting at the Vermont Studio School in Johnson, VT. Since graduating, he has shown his artworks occasionally in galleries in New York and Pittsburgh. Outside of art, Allen has worked in marketing, market research and web design for the past 20 years. In his free time, Allen likes to go fishing or play his guitar.
Select Exhibition List
- Springs Industries, Lancaster, SC 1986 – 1 watercolor included in the traveling exhibit (juried competition)
- Mitchell Community College, Statesville, NC, 1986 – 1 person show of 12 large abstract oil paintings
- East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 1987 – 3 person show in Gray Gallery consisting mostly of large abstract oil paintings (also showed miniature paintings)
- Musee de Monoian, New York, NY, 2000 – group show, contributed small painted objects
- Animal Flower Cave, New York, NY, 2002 – “Small Wireless Birds” – 2 person show, exhibited many small oil paintings
- Musee de Monoian, Pittsburgh, PA, 2008 – group show, contributed 2 abstract pencil drawings
- NYA Gallery, New York, NY, 2019 – “Heal” group show, contributed 2 abstract oil paintings
- P.O.P. – Paintings on Paper, online, 2021 – A series of 20 acrylic paintings on paper
- The Mini, online, 2021 – The Minipolitan Museum of Art and AllensThings Present: An exhibition of miniature landscape and abstract paintings and sculptures.
- Wrong Angles, online, 2022 – A series of 12 small scale sculptures, acrylic paint and gold leaf on wood.